1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help identifying a vintage scarf

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jeremy Sexson, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jeremy Sexson

Jeremy Sexson Registered Guest

I need help identifying this Vintage Red scarf. From what I found so far is that the initials could be Christian Dior and the signed name is Meilleurs Voeux. I can’t find this scarf anywhere and I’ve looked everywhere trying to identify it. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Meilleurs Voeux means Best Wishes in French.

The scarf is signed Marc Bohan 1987, I believe he left Dior in 1989.

What does the lettering on the bottom of the scarf say?

3. Jeremy Sexson

Ah I didn’t even think about that.Not sure I attached a closeup of it.

Attached Files:

4. Margaritte Carre was an opera singer. Perhaps M. Bohan was paying tribute to her for something.

There is a photo of a Mdm Carre - not the opera singer - with Yves Saint Laurent. A thorough search may show a photo of her with Marc Bohan and maybe who she is. The opera singer died in 47.

EDITED ABOVE

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. Jeremy Sexson

So I did some more digging. Looks like she was a technical director for Dior. She would bring all of Christian Dior's Sketches to life. Dior referred to Carré as “part of myself… my ‘dressmaking’ self.” I find it interesting I can't find any more of these on the internet. The bottom says Madame Margaritte Carre not sure what the word is in front of the that.

6. Good sleuthing :USETHUMBUP:

The word is "pour" and it means "for" ;-)