1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help identifying blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Stanley Dobbs, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Stanley Dobbs

Stanley Dobbs Registered Guest

Hello! This blazer was worn by Jeff Buckley. I’m trying to find the actual jacket or the fabric to make one. I’ve spent hours searching for anything similar or even just the fabric with no luck. If anyone knows the brand of this blazer that would be Super helpful! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member

That is a great jacket! I think it will be near impossible to find the exact one or even a copy of one. He tended to shop at thrift stores- his gold sparkly jacket was a thrift store find! After doing a reverse image search and checking it out in more detail, it looks like a velvet or velour, and vintage 70's. There are some modern designers that have some similar pieces, but not exact. You might be able to source a similar print fabric and make one or keep searching and be sure to look for both men's and women's pieces! Shopthrilling has a studio service that helps find special pieces that you might want to look into as well.

CatsLikeUs and Stanley Dobbs like this.
  3. Stanley Dobbs

Stanley Dobbs Registered Guest

Thank you so much for the reply! That is really sound advice and I’m going to look into it!

BlackLotusVintage likes this.
  4. jennifersmith1121

jennifersmith1121 Registered Guest

5. Vintagebob

Vintagebob Registered Guest

you could try reaching out to vintage clothing stores or secondhand shops that specialize in men's clothing from the 1990s, as that was the era when Jeff Buckley was active. You could also try contacting his estate or any museums or archives that may have his clothing in their collections to see if they can provide any leads. Another option is to try contacting a custom tailor or seamstress who may be able to recreate the blazer for you using a similar fabric. I hope this helps and good luck with your search!