1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help ID'ing fur coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by lutalica, Dec 12, 2017.

1. lutalica

lutalica Registered Guest

Hi all,

I need help identifying the fur on this coat that I picked up at an estate sale. I found what looks to be a copy of the receipt in the pocket listing it as stone marten, but it doesn't look like that to me (could be that it's the wrong receipt). It's very, very soft and the fur is quite short. There is a rip in the silk lining and has some sort of stamp on the other side of the fur...don't know if that helps but I included a pic. Thanks!
    IMG_3457.jpg IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3460.JPG IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3463.JPG IMG_3457.jpg IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3460.JPG IMG_3462.JPG IMG_3463.JPG

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi, Is there any way you can show the front and back of the coat as shown but in brighter light?

3. lutalica

It's proving hard to capture in photograph, so I tried doing it in the sunlight where it's a little better. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

peaceful vintage likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Yes, it looks like the real deal, seal.

Seal fur is very soft and beautiful. It is legally prohibited from commercially trading or selling without permitting to be able to do so but it is perfectly okay to own.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  6. lutalica

Wow, I never would have thought! Thanks for your help!