1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help to date and classify embroidered jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Caitlin A, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Caitlin A

Caitlin A Registered Guest

Hello!
    I got this jacket from Salvation Army and I have no idea when it is from or even whether its vintage, but I think it is! Hoping to find someone who can tell me a little bit about it. There are no tags in it.
    Here are some photos:

IMG_3991.JPG IMG_3992.JPG IMG_3993.JPG IMG_3994.JPG IMG_3995.JPG IMG_3996.JPG IMG_3997.JPG IMG_3998.JPG IMG_3999.JPG
    Thank you!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Interesting...looks like a Chinese jacket made for export. The woven pattern is interesting and rather unique compared to most. The other interesting detail is the stitching at the shoulder line. Looks like it has fair sized shoulder pads, correct?

I would say it is most likely from the 1950s or early 1960s. Nice find!

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

It's gorgeous. I love the way the body and sleeves flare out, if I'm reading the photos correctly.

I would wear that in a heartbeat!

No idea on era, except it does appear old enough to be vintage. I expect MJ is right about midcentury.

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I see mid-century too. It's lovely and very wearable!

5. Caitlin A

Caitlin A Registered Guest

Thank you! That's so helpful : )