1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Chanel Blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jlachen, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jlachen

jlachen Registered Guest

I just picked this up at a thrift store this weekend and I know nothing about designer clothes. I was hoping someone here would be able to point me in the right direction to find out more about this piece. The collection looks to be 94 C and style appears to be RO 2551. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    ~Josh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Well - I'm not exactly an expert on designer anything -- but my guess is that the "collection" is the year this was manufactured for -- 1994.
    It looks like a nice, solid, classic Chanel jacket. Just the sort of thing one expects from Chanel.

Do the buttons have Chanel logos? If I recall, that can often be a desirable point and definately worth mentioning.

But -- hopefully someone else with a little more knowledge in this department will be along to guide you further.

Good luck!

3. jlachen

jlachen Registered Guest

Yeah 1994 was my best guess with the number too.

There are 15 buttons total with a gold Chanel logo. 3 on each cuff, 1 on each of the 4 front pockets, and 5 down the front. It appears not to have any missing.

Thank you

4. debutanteclothing

debutanteclothing VFG Board Member

This will do very well. I couldn't believe Last Call Neiman Marcus would not give me a further discount on a Chanel jacket that was missing buttons-on the front pockets fro crying out loud!

The fact that this is a classic looking jacket, with all its buttons should get you a nice sum.

5. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

"C" means Cruise.

Look at underside of buttons to see if they have Chanel trademark. If so, list it. Claire

6. jlachen

jlachen Registered Guest

Thank you all so much for your help. I am guessing this is not bad for a $1.39 investment then.

7. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Not bad indeed!

8. msricenbeans

msricenbeans Registered Guest

9. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:cheer::cheer:way to shop!

10. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

thanks for that info, claire. i was sitting here scratching my head wondering what season C could be. i'd have never thought of cruise.

very nice jacket ... under $2?! :wow22:

that would never EVER happen around my neck of the woods. good grief. and good for you!