1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with dating this fur

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by FurBaby, Jan 15, 2019.

1. FurBaby

FurBaby Registered Guest

Hi All!

Please share your thoughts on the date of this fur?
    Is it faux fur or real?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. For the Love of MCM

For the Love of MCM VFG Board Member

The pictures are tiny. If you can upload larger pictures so we can check out texture, etc? It may help. Also are there any labels in the lining or pockets?

3. FurBaby

FurBaby Registered Guest

Hi no labels. I hope these pics are better fn1.jpg fn2.jpg

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you get under the lining at all to see if there are actual sewn pelts. It looks real from the photos but if you can get under the lining you would be able to tell for certain. Also could you show us a photo of the lining itself.

5. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

It definitely looks real but it is crafted in a very unusual way. It looks like scalloped and directional mink and my best guess would be that it dates to the 90s.
    I wish the resolution were better though. Do you have this coat in your possession?

6. FurBaby

FurBaby Registered Guest

Unfortunately, I do not have the coat in my possession. I've tried again with the pics and magnified areas for a closer look. fn3.jpg fn2.jpg fn1.jpg

7. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Ok, thank you. It is indeed mink.

You may have already done this but if images belong to someone else please be sure to ask them first before posting them elsewhere and give them credit so others do know that the photos as well as the item does indeed belong to someone else.

I did previously have an item for sale and I could have potentially lost a sale because someone else who viewed my item saw it posted elsewhere and questioned whether I really had the item or if the person who was using my images did. Fortunately the interested party sent me a message to ask.

8. FurBaby

FurBaby Registered Guest

Ok, Understood.