1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with these Rayne heels please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Alison_86, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Alison_86

Alison_86 Registered Guest

Is anyone able to tell me how old these Rayne shoes are, and maybe a bit about the designer- I have no clue! 'Vogueron' is stamped on the sole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Your shoes are c. 1979 - 1983. The first Rayne shoe store opened in 1920 on New Bond Street and soon became the top ladies shoemaker in England, receiving a royal warrant in the 1930s. They worked closely with Delman in the States and even had the license to produce Vivier shoes in England from 1957 to 1963. They also made shoe collections for Hardy Amies, Norman Hartnell, Mary Quant, Bill Gibb, Bruce Oldfield and Jean Muir. They began to run into financial trouble in the early 1970s because they didn't move manufacturing to Italy or Spain, and closed in 1993 (ish). Vogueron is the name of the line, not the manufacturer, although Rayne did sell other people's brands in their stores.

3. mingus107

mingus107 Registered Guest

My gosh, Jonathon! You are a wealth of knowledge! That's seriously impressive!