1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Info on How to Date/Identify Vintage Lingerie (some w/missing labels)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by RachelInTexas, Jul 25, 2020.

1. RachelInTexas

RachelInTexas Registered Guest

I have a large collection of vintage lingerie (Olga, Lily of France, Vanity air, Lady Cameo, Shadowline, Miss Elaine, Kayser, Tosca, Frederick's, Maidenform, Shirley of Hollywood, Lucie Ann, Victoria's Secret, Undercover Wear, Flora Nikrooz, and many more). These were left to me by my mom, and I need to be able to identify them, as I know some are worth quite a bit and I am looking to sell the majority of these and give the proceeds to people here in the USA, who are in need of help. Can anyone provide me with some information or direction? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to include a couple of photos to get started, as I have no clue what's worth what. Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

We can't help with pricing, partly because there are so many variables that affect what price you can achieve, such as where you sell, whether you already have a reputation as seller, even the time of year.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by identify, can you clarify what you are asking? If you are trying to work out when it's from or how to describe it, we can try and help. That might help you research your pricing. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell you the brand if the label is cut out. Unless someone happens to be very familiar with a particular brand or line to recognise it.

It's usually best to do only one per thread, or least limit it to two or three per thread.

denisebrain and gatco like this.
  3. Retro Ruth

denisebrain and gatco like this.
  4. Retro Ruth

It looks like a fantastic collection by the way!

5. Barbara Robson

Barbara Robson Registered Guest

As Ruth says, it looks like a fabulous collection - green with envy! You obviously know what they are from the labels but dating them might be a tad harder. The VFG label dating resource has baled me out on many occasions and continues to get better with time, so that's definitely worth checking. I was lucky enough to find an incredibly detailed article on dating vintage Barbizon lingerie recently, which helped me a lot with a piece in my collection but alas I can't remember its address :-(

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member