1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelly Don Treasure Trove

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Racked Vintage, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

WOW! What a fantastic collection. I would love to see it, too.

Racked Vintage likes this.
  3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Nelly Don dresses are always SO good. would be neat if they could be somehow turned in to a mini-museum show within the university.

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

I can't believe I don't have any Nelly Don dresses on hand right now....but would love to see VFG members post images of THEIR Nelly Dons, either on hand now, or archived. Would be neat to see them here! :)

Racked Vintage likes this.
  5. This is just so special. And for her son, not to know her history? That says what a humble woman she was.
    Thank you for sharing

6. First one is sold, second one is available here:

Not sure what happened to the photo, it's from several years ago, but you get the idea:
    00179-001Lola.jpg

00767-001main.jpg

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow, that's a wonderful slice of history, in the woman's home. I'm surprised her family didn't know this was there. I love the polka dots!
    I stumbled across a musical made of Nelly Don's life:
    https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/performing-arts/article227252554.html

She was such a figure in Kansas City history, a museum exhibit seems like a great idea for this collection.

My favorite that I've had might have been this lavender number:
    lavendersheer30sdressnellydon1.JPG lavendersheer30sdressnellydon10.JPG