1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - Looking for Vintage clothes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by ac273, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ac273

ac273 Registered Guest

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help me.
    I am in the UK and looking for some vintage dresses, prob 1940's - 1960's
    The problem is I am plus size, UK size 18. Most places I've seen only cater for upto size 12/14.

I tend to scout local charity shops and ebay.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance x

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm also in the UK.

I have this 60s dress that may work, it's a 16-18

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/202732718/1960s-orange-plisse-striped-day-dress-by
    [​IMG]

I have this great 1940s dress in size 18-20. It's not listed yet, but will be any day now, let me know if it's of interest.
    DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

As Melanie says, I may also have some other things in my stock cupboard, so feel free to message me if you'd like to be kept in mind for anything else I come across.

Larger size vintage can be harder to get hold of, but it is out there, so striking up a relationship with certain sellers might be a good way to go for you. Then they can do the looking for you, like a personal shopping service!

4. joules

joules VFG Member

Welcome!
    Best of luck in your search. I think you'll find some via this avenue, the VFG.

The plisse' dress looks so fresh!

And, that punctuation novelty print is great, Ruth! Wonderful dress.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. shierina

shierina Registered Guest

Hello,

I had the same problem as you as I am a size 16 in Australia. I found a great collection with a dress that is perfect for me:) [​IMG]

Hope you find what you are looking for like I did.

Link removed by admin: postingrulesemoti

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014