1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next vintage sew

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Midge, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Made it - another shift dress from Simplicity 6394:
    beachdress1.jpg simplicity.jpg
    The fabric is a super cool "beach" print cotton that I bought from @pinky-a-gogo - I just couldn't resist when I saw it!
    beachdress2.jpg
    I've still got enough left now that I can hopefully make a top as well...

2. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

that turned out really cute! Perfect for summer.

3. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

So cute!
    I made so many clothes in high school from Simplicity patterns, loved sewing with them.

4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Adorable Karin!!

5. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That will be a big hit this summer for you for sure and you can pair it with some colorful accessories with the great colors in that print!

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Love the fabric, and it's perfect for this design! I can imagine how adorable this will be on you--be sure to post a pic of yourself wearing it!

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, all! It's a really nice quality cotton fabric - definitely what I like working with best. Still trying to work out cutting the top from the remaining fabric...

9. really cute. i can see this layered with leggings and jean jacket for cooler weather. maybe you have enough material for a halter top?

10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member