1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not vintage...but an odd state of affairs

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Okay..not vintage...but an odd set of affairs and if you are all like me, people who love vintage love uniquer things

I am restocking some vintage men's items and came acrossed this from an estate. it is just a bit strange to me so of course i have to offer it for sale.

Its a pretty classic, nothing flashy Austin Reed silk blazer..

but....there are crystals all over it!

Not enough to be "Liberace Re-enactor" if there is such a thing, but certainly too many for "executive legal partner"

I am not sure if this is truly a thought gone bad or just that whoever came up with this idea really didn't filly commit to Liberace or Executive and ended up somewhere in between

[​IMG]

Anyone have any bright ideas about this one? "executive takes a trip to vegas and wants to be a little flashy??"

Chris

2. Liberace, Jr.?

I think this really is a Lounge Lizard, Playboy type jacket.

Hmmm, this is very interesting. Will have to think some more about it.

3. Patentleathershoes

If the jacket were a different style i would say YES on that. Its funny that itss such a conservative jacket. Well, there are undertones of other colors but it doesn't actually say Vegas!

4. I remember back in the 80s (or was it 90s?) when women use to take men's jackets and sew buttons and lace, etc. on them to wear. Wonder if this might be what happened with this one??

5. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

cor blimey!! that's a showmans jacket and no mistake - perfect for karaoke!! i'm not really sure how it 'came about' either!

6. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

Maybe someone got happy with the Bedazzler?

Jenn

7. Patentleathershoes

Hee hee.

You know, I am really stuck between "restoring it back to its original condition" and offering it for sale as a quirky thing as it is. The crystals appear to be on with an adhesive versus sewn in.

There are no crystals on the back, only the front.

8. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

the disco jacket. to catch the light from the ball and reflect it back. Maybe to make you look like you can dance and shine at the same time???:hysterical:

9. Patentleathershoes

Like women have suits which they tout as "from the boardroom to cocktails"...this is Disco Stu on his after work date!