1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notice anything special about this Photo?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Oct 13, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

(They have been married 70 years !!)

22405893_2010115389221899_5902044029441088790_n.jpg

She's wearing the same brooch. :wub:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Great photos. Unless my old eyes are fooling me, she is wearing the same brooch in both photos.

Oops! I see you already mentioned that.

3. In the book that was written years ago about the Queens Jewels, it was so touching to read that she was still sad that when a young woman, she had gone for a walk and lost a piece of jewelry that was so very dear to her heart. Not one of her more monetarily valuable items, but one that had great sentimental value to her. It was the watch that her beloved Father had given to her as a young girl. One can't help but wonder who found it and who kept it. I'll bet it was engraved to his dear Lilibet. I love these photos, Amanda! And, the Queen. I was thinking the other day that I have never known there to be another Queen during my lifetime. She is the only one and it won't be the same when she is gone. I hope she lives as long as The Queen Mother! Thanks for posting such interesting threads.