1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 22nd Fashion Parade *Get the Look: Cher"

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by hatfeathers, Nov 21, 2010.

1. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

November 22nd Fashion Parade *Get the Look: Cher\"

Nov 22 Get the Look: Cher
    One name, and we all know exactly who she is. Singer-songwriter, actor, director and record producer, Cher has won an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, three Golden Globe Awards and a People's Choice Award for her work in music, film and television.

Ever since her singing debut in the mid sixties, Cher has been a fashion icon. With her dark, exotic beauty, she has exhilarated generations with her style. From 60s hippie to the flamboyance for which she is best known, it is hard to pin Cher's look down. Trendsetting? Over the top? How about simply dazzling.

*member's note...this is a theme revisited from this spring. An unfortunate server crash caused many posts to be lost, among them, the Cher parade theme thread. Since it was well received at the start, we are visiting the theme again (with fingers crossed!) What better time than when Cher hits movie theaters for the first time in years!?

See what Cher-worthy dazzle the members of the VFG have in store.Can't get enough Cher? See her on the big screen in Burlesque, opening this week!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Barbara...that's PERFECT!

4. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Ah, she was such a beauty. Still is, but in a plasticized kind of way.

This vintage 70's dress was my dear Aunt Nettie's. She was a pistol; full of life and laughter. It is a snakeskin print, completely covered in iridescent sequins.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This dress is likely from the 90's so I hope it's okay that I post it here. It's just so Cher with the open back, side slit and dazzling sequins.
    [​IMG]

5. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

6. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

7. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

8. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

9. joules

joules VFG Member

10. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

11. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

12. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Boy, did you ever hit the nail on the head, Mary Jane! Hope Cher is browsing your site!

13. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I wish she would come and take a look as I can see her wearing these, I really can!

14. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

15. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I'm working on listing these wild Nelly de Grab slacks.

[​IMG]

16. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member