1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NUBBY CaR COAT

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DeCoDiVa, Jan 31, 2018.

1. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

078BEB7D-7E22-4118-A0DE-6E96D8F06D87.jpeg Not sure what this is I thought it was a bespoke item until I found a paper tag that reads “F A J H 472102” any ideas?
    Help is always appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

3. Luna Junction

Luna Junction VFG Member

I know I'm really late here, but that tag has a piece of a union insignia on it. If it were me, I'd open up the seam and get a better look, then sew it back up! (But that's just me). Close up of nubby fabric would help here too.

Nancylou and DeCoDiVa like this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

From what I can see it looks 1950s to me. I can't say that I note that it looks "nubby" from these photos. Unless the wool itself may have "pilled" some.

Nancylou and DeCoDiVa like this.
  5. DeCoDiVa

Thank you for bumping ...it’s really a lovely pristine piece and I’d really enjoy the info!

6. DeCoDiVa

I’m not sure if I want to loosen the stitches but I do understand ... fabric is indeed nubby ... not piling!

7. DeCoDiVa

Thank you for responding ... it is indeed nubby NOT piling ..

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Perhaps you could put it on a mannequin and show both the back and the front. A close up of the fabric would help to see the texture.
    It does look 50s to me.

Nancylou likes this.
  9. Nancylou

Nancylou Registered Guest

I agree with Mary Jane that it’s 50s. I’ve opened a bottom hem just to see and resewed it back up. I’m nutty with labels, though!