1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NY Subway Shirt Wanted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by sues*stuff, Oct 8, 2004.

1. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Not just any NY subway shirt, but this one:

[​IMG]

I know this isn't vintage ( although in my son's relative terms, it probably is to him).

Anyway, when my son was in 5th grade he got the opprtunity to be in Kenny Rogers Christmas show in NY. He and I spent 2 1/2 months in NY and he loved the subway. We got him this tshirt that he has long since outgrown.

It just occured to me that with all our NY and east coasters, that maybe someone would come across one of these in a thrift. At this point he probably needs an adult L.

Thanks,

Sue

2. kevinjohnnyc

kevinjohnnyc Registered Guest

I've never seen that one Sue. They have a lot of others here:

<a href="http://www.transitmuseumstore.com/" target="_blank">New York Transit Museum Store Online</a>

Kevin

3. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Thanks Kevin-

This is an older one (I think the copyright was 1996) and it was copyrighted by the transit authority. I had already looked at their current offerings, but I am hoping to eventually find one of these. If you NYers wouldn't mind keeping an eye out in your thrifting.

Sue

4. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

I have one of these, but it is an adult small.....

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

...but maybe he would just want it as a momento.

6. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Thanks listit--

I think I'm going to wait for a L to show up. It seems that thing eventually show up on ebay if you can just wait long enough.

And we have the old worn out one as a momento.

I'll still be interested if anyone comes across a large.

Sue

7. Patentleathershoes

Any luck yet, Sue?

8. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Funny you should ask--I just bought one this morning. It's an XL, but I figured I'd go for it.

Sue

9. Patentleathershoes

What a coincidence! Is it the same exact one? Did you find it at a shop or online?

10. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

Imagine that tune in your head--found it on ebay.

Sue