1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odys-de Paris sweater

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by thedecorouscat, Oct 14, 2021.

1. thedecorouscat

thedecorouscat Registered Guest

Hi everyone, I’m coming up rather short with this sweater I just thrifted. I’m not finding many references to them online beyond the fact that Hugh Hefner was apparently a fan (they auctioned a bunch of his items post mortem, and he had a few sweaters from them) and the Fox costume department is selling a very similar sweater. In my experience the long skinny tag usually means it was sold from a high end shop; it’s like a stock number, but I don’t deal with a lot of European fashion.

The style says 60/70s but the presence of the extra gray “made in France” makes me wonder if it’s later? I was wondering if anyone knew more about the actually company or had thoughts on an alternative date?

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't find anything on the French company register for either company... I agree, the white brand label looks "older" and the other one looks more modern.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Odys de Paris Inc. was the New York agent for the Paris knit goods manufacturer Saint Joseph Tricots Deluxe (I saw them often referred to as Tricots Saint Joseph). Odys de Paris Inc was incorporated in NY in 1939 and they were still doing business until at least around 1970.

thedecorouscat and Midge like this.