1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, here is the whole set

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MyVintageCocktail, Nov 15, 2005.

1. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Now that I found the dress that goes with this suit, I'm re-posting with photos of everything. The dress is labeled "Morton Myles for Jeunesse"; suit has no labels, but after examining the styling & construction details, I'm satisfied that these pieces either originally came as a "wardrober" set, or were at least made by the same maker and sold in the same time period. The rows of toptstitching on each & the princess seaming would indicate at least that much. Dress is a hair darker in color, but I think that's because it's been worn more often; suit looks never or hardly worn, but you can tell the dress has been though no notable flaws. Now my quandry is whether to sell these as a 3-pc set, or separate the dress out and cross-sell them in my listing. I'd think they'd be more valuable all 3 together, but maybe somebody would love the dress & hate the suit, or v.v. Help, please! TIA!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

They could have been from the same collection and store but not necessarily all sold together as the dress and suit are very different in style. I would have expected perhaps a coat to work with all pieces to be included if the dress and suit were sold as one unit. Anyway, I would suggest selling them separately as I think your suit buyer won't be the same person as your dress buyer necessarily.

3. MyVintageCocktail

Thanks, Jonathan! Yes, the dress seems much more "mod and funky" (pardon the cliche) than the suit. I will list them separately!

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

List them seperately, but cross promote them. But a picture of the opposite one at the bottom in a graphic of the opposite auction. People are so eclectic in their tastes these days, you never know, but at least they will not be "locked into it"

5. MyVintageCocktail

Great idea to post a photo of each on the other's listing in addition to cross promoting them in copy! If somebody loves this fabric, maybe they will want them all & they are in the same size range! Thanks!

6. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

wow - i love the dress! and the suit is super smart. i agree - cross promotion means you'll double your chances! :)