1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay..Last Suit w/ Unusual Sleeve Treatment

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I am probably running out of my Q&A board post allotment today LOL.

could i trouble you all with one more suit. well, actually just the jacket?

My first impulse is 1950s the lines strongly resemble the suit i had that was Tom's grandfather's you all helped out with. (label looks more 40s maybe to me, but still could be 50s as i think 40s would have a stronger notched collar??)
    Only this one is much better being black w/ red lining I can just see someone wanting this for VLV or something.

But, here are some differences: It doesn't have a back vent like that suit did though, has only a single button front and has an unusual cuff treatment....notched cuffs? does anyone know what the proper name was.

I am getting a little better at suits (i hope) and only wish my brother, Mr. "I Own spats and Wear them" was around - he'd be better at it than me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris

PS: Dang, the collar doens;t show up real well...will have to get another pic!

2. I am going to agree with you on the 50s vibe. It looks very Ricky Ricardo with that skinny collar and lapels. I totally dig that lining.

Does your brother have a website?? I would love to see it if he does!!

Cheers ~ Maureen

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

nope. he works too much and is hardly on the internet. (in fact since my mother gave his computer a virus by not knowing what she was doing,,,he is offline completely) I was someday going to take some pics of his little hat archive for him just for fun.