1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old Bosca dopp bag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by superfineday, Mar 23, 2011.

1. superfineday

superfineday Registered Guest

Hi everyone! I found this great leather bag at the Salvation Army and swooped it up thinking it would be great for storing some art supplies. Upon getting it home and further researching the name Bosca and 'Utili-Kit,' I've found it's an older dopp bag. The bags Bosca makes now like this sell for about $200. Older ones go for less than that but still over $100, according to my kind of thorough research...

What I'm wondering is, can anyone tell me if I've devalued the bag by taking the lining out? I know it's an older one because the newer ones have a zip out lining- this one was bright yellow vinyl, sewn in, and totally gross with toothpaste/hair/etc. smeared all over it. I regret taking it out now, even though it had several cracks- a thorough wiping probably would have done the trick.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you sooooo much everyone!

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Most people who buy vintage are going to want it in as original condition as possible. As for value, I can't say.

For such a nice bag it's weird that the lining would have been so cheap, but I guess they were going for "easy to clean"!

3. bycin

bycin Guest

I wouldn't've taken out the lining. I never do. I try to clean as safely as possible, most things like this but keep it pure.

4. superfineday

superfineday Registered Guest

That's what I figured :( I didn't realize it was what it was at the time... learning something new allllllllllll the time! Looks like I've found myself the nicest pencil pouch EVER. :)

Thank you both so much for the input! I really appreciate it!