1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Levi's care tag deciphering - DATES?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by pickermall, Sep 26, 2019.

1. pickermall

pickermall Registered Guest

Here is another subject I need help with! I have read through this page at http://www.levisguide.com/tags/tag.html but it hasn't been updated and whoever did this page cannot be contacted (I have e-mailed a few times)

I THINK there are date codes on the back of the 1988 - 1990's Levi's jeans I am finding, but I'm not sure. I attached photos of front and back of a tag on a pair of 501s I just obtained. Does the 501-0191 on the back mean these are 501s made in January 1991? This is just one example

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

3. pickermall

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I know that page and use it too, but it was kept up by a Levi's librarian who's retired. I emailed her questions a few times. She was SO good and helpful. Not sure who's keeping up that page now but I am not sure it is the same as it was. : (

5. pickermall

I've e-mailed several times, AND posted on the blog... no reply. I figured whoever ran the page gave up or lost the password LOL

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

lol lol
    But, no, she retired to move onto something. I remember she told me she was going to the last time I asked for help on something. That was maybe 10 years ago?