1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old West Wedding Dress Pattern

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by kd5cqq, Jul 24, 2004.

1. kd5cqq

kd5cqq Registered Guest

Hello. I am new to this board. My fiance and I want to have an authentic Old Western Style wedding. I am full-figured (Size 22 -28 depending on pattern measurements) and my arms at the top are much bigger than from the elbow down. I was thinking something with the leg-of-mutton sleeves. or gi???? sleeve would work best. I would like a drop down waist and a heart-shaped keyhole in the neck. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanking you in advance:)

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

i don't have anything that would fit the bill, but we have many folls on the board that collect or sell repro and vintage patterns so someone else might come along who has something. i just wanted to welcome you and congratulate you on your upcoming wedding : )

3. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

I don't buy patterns tht much so can't help you. But if no one comes along to help that has one here is a suggestion they make reproduction style patterns from different eras and there are some on ebay. Can't remember the names of them but there may be a pattern for old west.

Sounds great do tell more about this western wedding. Like will you have western decorations? I love themed weddings!!!

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

from Jonathan:

QUOTE:
    You can post that many of the photographic images that survive from the "Old West" in the 1880s often show the woman wearing a best dress, which is rarely white. Often its a cotton or wool dress, not too fancy, but the sort of thing she would be able to wear after the wedding to church and social functions.
    SOmetimes a lace veil is worn with the brown, blue, grey, or print dress, sometimes not, and only flowers are used to adorn her hair, and carry.

5. Did some searching for you.

This might work. May have to enlarge it just a little bit and make a heart shape keyhole.

Wedding Dress Pattern

Or use this blouse pattern, redo bodice piece with heart shape keyhole and add a skirt!

Blouse Pattern

Sold to a girl that took modern formal dresses and put bustles on, etc. to make costumes. I will see if I can find her name. Been quite awhile back, though.

6. kd5cqq

kd5cqq Registered Guest

Thank you all for your info. We are going to have the wedding either at Tombstone Town located in Bryan, Texas or a place called The Relay Station which has a replica of an old town. Both of these serve Chuck wagon style dinners. We have not decided on that or if our friends are going to do a barbeque. We live in Plantersville, Texas. We are just in the beginning stages of planning this.

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

There is a line of patterns - Past Patterns. They have a site at pastpatterns.com.
    One thing to add, is that many a wetern/frontier bride was more thrilled to recive a good quality shawl for the wedding than a veil. The shawl would be worn for years and years and was ever so much more practical.

Hollis

8. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Past Patterns, thats what I was trying to think of.

That sounds like a really fun time will the guests be dressed as well!

Here you go:

<A HREF="http://www.pastpatterns.com/"> Past Patterns </A>

9. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Just found a really good site with everything you may need for the whole wedding

<A HREF="http://www.askginka.com/themes/country.htm"> Western Weddings</A>