1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more cotton print dress to love!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Okay, the weather is keeping up - supposed to be so til mid next week. Wonderful! A reason to give those summer dresses one last wear. So I took the second one I bought from Melody out today! Just glad I got a wee bit of a late summer tan on my recent trip to Fiji (that was for work - not kidding... but it was good!).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I adore the detailing on this one... the pockets have the same decoration as the pretty collar, and the little purple buttons are decorated with rhinestones. Plus I love this print, it is so decorative. Worn with my fave purple every day pumps (did I say I love purple? :hysterical:).

[​IMG]
    Details from the backside.

[​IMG]
    Even better - with my really high plateau pumps (they're a dark plum color - difficult to photograph). They're just not the thing to wear to work (too many stairs... too much dashing around when the phone rings sometimes... ';)).

These are the labels it still had... I particular like the "little or no ironing" part :hysterical:!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The company name "Cotton City Wash Frocks Inc." is also pretty cool!

Karin

missproper likes this.
  2. missproper

missproper Alumni

Karin you look beautiful!

pauline likes this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

LOVELY!!!! You look great and love the shoes with it. I have some purple earrings that would be killer with it - but of course "I" want them! - LOL

4. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

Oooh! Karin you look a vision in both the dresses. I wish you could be my in-house model!!

Melody

5. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Fabulous dress.

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you are just way too adorable, Karin!! always love seeing you wearing vintage, it suits you so perfectly!! great dresses, Melody!! (of course!)

7. Midge

Thanks, everybody!

@Linn, I have some vintage costume jewelery earrings with purple stones - but they're clips, which I don't wear for work (we use headsets with our phones), but they would look smashing with this dress, I'm sure :).

@Melody, thanks!!! Being an in-house model for a vintage shop would not be a good idea for me I think - way too much temptation....:hysterical:! It would have a disastrous effect on my finances and the space in my closet I fear...

Karin

8. yourauntiespanties

yourauntiespanties Registered Guest

What a gorgeous dress! Looks fabulous on you!

Impressive book collection, btw! (Green with envy!)
    :)

9. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

You look lovely, and so does Melody's dress!

Thanks for the closeups of the tags, too. (The only downside to NOS garments, in my opinion, is that I always feel so guilty removing tags that have remained intact for half a century!)

10. joules

joules VFG Member

Karin, this is what I call a Holy Grail. It has it all going on!
    The soft cotton fabric, the full skirt, the darling print with purple (my ultimate fave color), the rhinestone-centered buttons, the loopy trim. I'm so jealous! :)
    Great with those dark plum shoes too.

11. As always, you look spectacular!! What a pretty dress!

12. joules

joules VFG Member

Cotton City Wash Frocks, Inc. NYC
    I'll be right over.

Fiji you say? It's a tough job...

13. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Adorable! You look fabulous in that very Lovely dress.

14. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Karin, you always look so great in your finds & I am so happy you share them with us :clapping:

15. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

So very pretty and demure! It fits you like a charm!

16. Midge

Thanks everybody :).
    @Joules, I'm with you. Purple is an all-time fave for me too. In all shades.
    @ Carrie - yes it is. I keep those tags though. They're too cool.
    @yourauntiespanties - thanks! This is just the doll/Barbie collectors books, fashion history, design, art, music, history books part of my bookshelf. Never quite enough space for it all... and ever expanding, also thanks to a certain bargain book shop where a lot of my art and fashion books are from. Those who take a close look might even see a book or two by VFG members ';).

Karin

yourauntiespanties likes this.