1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ooooo i just LOVE my neighbours (NOT)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by cooltriker, May 21, 2007.

1. cooltriker

cooltriker Registered Guest

i done a load of hand washing yesturday... as it was a nice day ..so great for drying clothes..... so hand washed some 60's 70's blouses...etc....

just as i was about to put them on the line....my next door neighbour decided to burn some rubbish in theyr garden....so i could not put my clothes out to dry.....

last time they decided to have a bbq when my clothes were on the line ....:USEROCKY:

i can just imagine it now.... selling an item on ebay, and then it arrives at the buyers smelling of bbq burgers ...

:censored2: neighbours.....

as you can see we dont get on anyway......so i am sure they do it delibrately.. wish i could earn enough money to buy a small holding with NO neighbours.....

has this ever happened to you ... you have put things out side either to dry or have an airing.. and your neighbour does something that might spoil your items...

soory to waffle on, but just needed a moan.... must be the monday blues...lol.....

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Oh, I can imagine. Really I have pretty good neighbors. Love the smell of barbecue but it would really sink right into those clothes.

Actually, I don't have a clothesline (imagine that...and I am vintageclothesline..)

3. cooltriker

hi linda :hiya:

how do you wash or freshen clothes up that cant be put into a tumble dryer ?

somethings i hand wash just to freshen them up, as they have been stored they get that 'smell' about them..... or if they are dry clean , and dont need cleaning i just put them outside on the line to air through....

i have one suit that i will be taking to the dry cleaners ( as i dont think i can risk putting it into the washing machine ) its an 80's pink suit by joseph ribkoff ......so hopefully it will be worth dry cleaning it,

4. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

Can you call the town? Is it illegal to burn stuff in your yard...?

Or you can blast annoying music at them. I do have a very Meowy Christmas for that....

-Chris

5. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I have a basement and hang them there. Also have a screened in back porch.

6. cooltriker

hi.. chris :hiya:.....its not ilegal to burn stuff in your garden, as long as it is a small fire.....

yep i do the loud music stuff anyway ...lol.... as thats the best way to listen to rock music...... at the moment they are getting blased with... a mixture of whitesnake..... and my chemical romance.........

what i think the prob.. is. .we have allways kept ourselves to ourselves, and when they moved next door, they thought it would be chatting over the garden fence type thing......and they have young children that just stand there and scream at the top of their voices, and i think she heard me one day saying that i had never heard kids quite like them.....

so they got the 'huff' with us.... its not only us, she is not talking to the neighbour the other side of her as well.....and there is only four houses on our little road.......

oh well i think they are both working this morning, and it looks as though its going to be a nice day here... so my marigolds are ready for some clothes that need hand washing.......

7. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Wow.....too bad you have those kind of neighbors. :( We are very lucky and wonderful neighbors who would do anything to help........

I have a clothesline which is a Godsend in the spring, summer and fall. I can't hang anything out in the early spring, however, as the farmers are spreading :poo: on the fields. Wow, would my clothes smell stinky. :barf:

Gail