1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops... guess these pants are vintage now!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Midge, May 26, 2021.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm cleaning out and reorganising my wardrobe... and I have these pants that my mom made for me - and realised that it's 20 or 21 years that she made them for me :BAGUSE:. This is admittedly a new level of vintage for me :hysterical:.

pants2.jpg

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Amazing how that happens, isn't it? Time flying that is!

Midge and vintagedevotion like this.
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Whoa. I just realized that anything I bought new when I started denisebrain (1999) is now vintage. :wacko: I can't say I bought anything new though...

Your mom's pants are worth it, Karin!

4. Midge

Thanks, Maggie - they are. It was a Burda pattern :) .

It's crazy how time flies! I just realized - probably the next-longest-living items in my closet are vintage items that I bought already as vintage - my little yellow 1960s dress with the lace appliqué, which I fisrt wore at Christmas 2002, and my 1970s "medieval maiden" evening gown which I bought at the same place, and probably at the same time. Way back then the big Salvation Army thrift shop here in Zurich was really good when it came to vintage evening wear! I had so many fantastic pieces from there... But I have nothing else that I bought new that I have kept this long.

Is it any wonder my wardrobe is constantly overflowing if things in there live that long :wacko:... I was just trying things on as I was going through and going "nope, still fits, no reason to throw it out...".

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It gets worse...

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I still have all sorts of things that I bought new so don't feel bad. A few years ago I posted a couple of skirts that I bought (new) in the early '80s. I think that this dress is the "oldest" piece of clothing that I bought new that I still have. I bought it in 1979. (If only it fit....) There's a photo in the same (online) album of me taken in 1986 wearing a scarf I bought in France in 1985 - I still have it, too. The dress is not a DVF: the label is Jeannene Booher. I should probably take a picture of the label and submit it! I am not sure what else might be in the back of a closet or in a drawer but I don't want to know right now! I know I still have a lot of now vintage handbags from the late '90s! And of course I have some jewelry that I bought or was given that goes way back. (My high school charm bracelet...)

[​IMG]

7. I have Chicos jeans from 2004 2005, which are Almost vintage. I still wear them. Depending on my weight, that goes up and down.

8. Midge

That's a beautiful dress, Linn!

My mom's best friend is very good too with things she's had in her wardrobe for 10, 20 years or more - and she's still wearing them.