1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OpArt? 2 piece bathing suit 60's? 70's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cotmyey, Dec 21, 2004.

1. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

OpArt? 2 piece bathing suit 60\'s? 70\'s?

Good day all!
    This bsuit has the 'wash symbols' on the content tag. What year did those start? I had it wrote down somewhere??????
    Is it late 60's early 70's?

[​IMG]

2. I'm thinking late 60s. Looks like you're getting ready for the cruise crowd.:)

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That is cool. When you list it, I would be sure to put boyshorts, full legged and hot shorts in the description because they were selling modern bathing suits with that kinda bottom as "hotshorts" last year. Its not reallly a leg like a short, but is is not the triangular shape that is standard for a bikini.

I am only thinking late 60s - or very very early 70s at the latest because in my memory, the bra tops were not as structured and more string bikini-ish as you got really into the 70s. Even if they were more modest, they starting looking less structured and this is still looking more like the way a bra is structered like earlier suits. I could be totally wrong, too.

4. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

<A HREF="http://www.paxar.com/carelabel/"> care symbols</A>

Cute suit great for upcoming Holiday cruises

5. Patentleathershoes

Thanks Pauline for the link!

6. Well, now I did say early 70s, didn't I?:P

7. Patentleathershoes

As a matter of fact...yes!