Other Vintage Collections

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Jul 29, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

Just saw this collection of old tins on Facebook. Wonder if any of the rest of you have collections on display to share.

20374323_1200321140072474_3933588981332741804_n.jpg

2. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

You think I collect sweaters. I really collect music. Since I first saw an auctioneer play a 78 record on a gramophone, I was addicted! I figure I collect because I am the youngest of 11 children and had next to nothing for my first 18 years AND usually picked at for being one of those poor Poirier children.

Vogue picture records. I just got that display for free at the end of someone's driveway on large objects dump day.

IMG_0801.JPG

Over the next 18 years, I became a U2 fan.

IMG_0802.JPG

More recently 'The White Stripes'.

IMG_0804.JPG

I am very fortunate that my house has a loft. In reality it's just this woman's leisure time space. It a damn good life!!!

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

I think all of us would LOVE to tour your home.

4. lindapoirier

Gosh, thank you. My nieces and nephews say, " Aunt Linda, you should charge admission!"

The man who did the house inspection on this new house recently stopped by and I gave him a tour. " You've made this place your own", and he wants me to flip the house. I keep telling him that I wouldn't have a place to live if I did sell.

I moved back to my parent's farm to care for my aging parents for over a decade. My mom and I went out weekly searching thrift, flea and estate. I stored everything in an extra room. I also made $8,000 at my own yard sale when I moved here.

5. I collect vintage retro kitchen items and radios from the 1940s 50s and 60.
    The display piece was in my Mother in laws beauty shop and dates to the 1950s.

The Fiesta Ware pieces were my Moms and some of my Mother in laws.
    I love the humorous novelty plastic salt and pepper shakers which are getting harder to find and anything vintage to do with with dogs.

retro kitchen.jpg

retro kitchen salt peppers.jpg

6. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Love this thread! Your house is great, Linda!

Here are a few of my favorite collections..

Vintage style advice books. Mixed in are a couple of trashy paperbacks and the funniest quilting book ever (a gift from my hubby)

20170801_121802.jpg

I also love vintage dollhouses, this one is one of my favorites

20170801_121918.jpg

Vintage stuffed animals are another weakness of mine, here are my three favorite furry friends

20170801_122014.jpg

My most expensive (and expansive) collection isn't vintage. I have a serious thing for flowers. Here is my front garden

20170801_122424.jpg

And this last collection is actually my husband's, but it is my favorite of all. Mustache and beard awards!

20170801_122522.jpg

Thanks for letting me share these!

7. Midge

Midge Trade Member

Not only vintage, but also... I collect fashion dolls - mostly Barbie, but some larger ones like Gene too, and many of Barbie's friends and competitors - Sindy, Mimi, Jenny, Tiny Kitty, Momoko, Licca, Fashion Royalty and so on. My dolls come in all shapes and colors. Modern and vintage ones, and I like to mix modern and vintage dolls and outfits. And I love putting up whole display scenes with all sorts of accessories!

midge_birthday4.jpg midge_aboardship_funatthefair.jpg

band.jpg

Capture.JPG

cocktails1.jpg

wakeup1.jpg

wakeup2.jpg
    wakeup4.jpg
    wakeup7.jpg

DSC01715.JPG

20017586_10155577162399936_2162591201694098627_o.jpg
    bridal7.jpg bridal5.jpg bridal4.jpg bridal3.jpg bridal2.jpg

8. lindapoirier

I always love collections. I find it wonderful that we each find our own bliss.

poppysvintageclothing likes this.