1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ownership/Legal Information for Out of Business Companies

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Fashionquestions, Jun 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Fashionquestions

Fashionquestions Registered Guest

Could anyone please point me in the direction of where to find information about companies no longer in business. I'm looking for a company that had one of the last sewing rooms @ 1400 Broadway up until the 1960's. Company name: Key-to-youth Fashion. Would like to see any information about the company please!

2. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I have found reference librarians to be very helpful in these kind of searches.
    Marian

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

The subscription database newspapers.com provided 106 hits when I searched for "key-to-youth" and "fashions." Virtually all of those hits were ads for that line of clothing. One 1937 ad noted they were half sizes and that was confirmed in later ads.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I am not sure the original poster is coming back, but I found a bit more information about Key-to-Youth fashions:

-- From a 1945 article: "...Fashion-Craft Dresses, makers of "Key-to-Youth" fashions in women's and half sizes."

-- From a 1948 ad:
    Key-to-YouthWWDJan1948AdWLabel.jpg

-- From a 1950 ad: "Fashion-Craft Dresses, Inc; Creators of KEY-TO-YOUTH fashions; "Smart designs in half-size dresses"

-- From a 1954 ad: "Come meet Mr. Irwin Guild, talented designer for Key-to-Youth fashions"

--
    The last ad I saw that mentioned Key-to-Youth fashions was from 1961 and the mention of K-t-Y was minimal, but the ad was on the same page with a small paragraph that announced: "Ernie Jacobs has bought an interest in Fashion Craft Dresses, Inc., and will be in charge of sales. Mr. Jacobs was formerly sales representative for Herbert Levy Co., Chicago. Other principals of Fashion Craft and Key to Youth Fashions are Joseph Rosenberg and Jack Ehrens."

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Retro Ruth and denisebrain like this.