1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pendleton Blanket “Cape” ??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Nate Sherman, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Nate Sherman

Nate Sherman Registered Guest

Greetings!
    In clearing out a relative’s house over the last couple years I came across a few vintage Pendleton items. This one seems to be a mystery both in it’s pattern and form. I talked my wife into reluctantly wearing it for a couple photos this morning. It has metal loop/clasps part way up each side of the neck piping and I believe is designed to be worn more tightly around the neck than shown.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thank You!
    4D3D80DC-F9A8-4E4F-84E2-D5FBEF63827A.jpeg A1D085E5-88E4-4DA4-98DE-80A09BC5DA9A.jpeg 8BD85009-AE7B-4FAE-A91F-F2BA9277726C.jpeg 8F612F02-BDD7-44AE-8153-967BE8B21972.jpeg

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

That is really cool and unusual!

At first I thought could be 60s judging from the style and the lack of a Woolmark label, which they started using in 1971

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/woolmark/

But then I realized it's not 100% wool. So maybe 70s?

Whatever the age it's cool and Pendleton Blanket clothing does well.

GemGem and Nate Sherman like this.
  3. Nate Sherman

Great! Thanks so much!

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

5. Nate Sherman

Those prints definitely look related! The cedar chest this was in when I found it had been in storage since 1996 and didn’t appear to have anything else in it that was newer than the 60’s....so definitely not “modern/recent”.

Now of course I’m wondering if it’s actually a skirt lol!

Vintagiality likes this.
  6. Nate Sherman

So on closer examination the skirt’s print in the video looks exactly the same as the print I have...
    @Vintagiality !! You nailed it!!
    CB0CE3D1-8F2D-48F9-9A4C-1D25658640A1.jpeg 6CA2BFE7-DEFA-44FA-AB8C-80BA1542B76E.jpeg

GemGem and Vintagiality like this.
  7. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

@Nate Sherman yours very well could be one of those 60s skirts