1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Courtney Buckley

Courtney Buckley Registered Guest

Hello Everyone!

I just found these gloves the other day and was wanting to possibly identify their brand, and era. The do not have a label, but they do have a snap closures with a glass top buttons that says 'The Kayser'. Im thinking that is the brand of the snap used. They are extremely small and petite. They look like they would not even fit my 8yr olds hands. Any info would be extremely appreciated. Also, any suggestions to straighten them would also be appreciated! Tyia

IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0644.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Hi Courtney, it would help to see them being worn but that's hard when they're so small. They could be '30s or earlier but if you could show us a pic of where it says "The Kayser" than can help. Kayser are a brand of gloves. They later did lingerie too. You can read about them in the VFG Label Resource.

3. Courtney Buckley

Thank you. I have added a magnifying glass over the buttons. These gloves are so very tiny it's hard to imagine anyone were able to wear them. They maybe silk not sure, but do you have any suggestions on how I can straighten them with out damaging them?

Attached Files:

4. Courtney Buckley

Oh my! There is a label. Can not
    Believe I missed this!

Attached Files:

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I'm not sure that they aren't earlier, I have some gloves with early style snaps on that would appear to be edwardian.
    Chamoisette sounds like a brand based on imitating chamois or shammy leather, so I would have thought it was fabric imitating this.

Courtney Buckley likes this.
  6. Courtney Buckley

@Pinkcoke & @Circa Vintage - Thank you both! From the info you provided, I was able to date these gloves between 8/31/1909 and 4/19/1910. Julius Kayser & Company registered the brand Chamoisette with the US Patent office on 8/31/1909. This allowed them to display 'For.Pat.Off' on their gloves. The brand became a trademark on 4/19/1910. This allowed them to use the trademark that I have attached here. At least that's if I understand the info I found correctly.

Attached Files:

Pinkcoke likes this.
  7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

That's excellent. To press them out I would put some of those cheap disposable plastic gloves inside the fingers etc. (the crispy plastic not rubber) or basic white cotton gloves if you have them, and fill with moderately heated wheat to the wrist. You can microwave the wheat with a little water in a container seperately to prevent burning. Then hold a steam iron over them without touching.

8. Courtney Buckley

Thank you!!! I would have never thought of do it like that, amazing! I will definitely do that and thank you once again!