1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Numbers and Work Around for *^%$ Voicemail

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by bartondoll, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

The guy who started this site was on
    "Today" and this site is great for
    finding out how to by-pass those
    robot "press 1, 2, 3, ...20" voices that you get when you call a company (check out
    Database on the site).

Also has numbers that go directly to
    a human voice. He was asked if the companys once they know about this
    site, change the numbers. He said yes, but then invariably someone working
    at the company will email and give the new number (obviously not a happy
    employee LOL)

http://www.gethuman.com

Sue

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

One time (at band camp?) I called eBay using one of the numbers listed on one of those anti-eBay expose sites and the person I got asked about half way through my call where I got the phone number... The next time I called, the number didn't work anymore.

I personally think they should make it a law that ALL companies have a way of contacting live people for the various departments. Its just so unfashionable these days to hire receptionists, and a way of saving money -- like eBay needs to save money! lol

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Exactly Jonathan!

It was interesting the in interview with this
    fellow however - In response to this
    website which I guess is getting a phenomenal amount of hits, a couple of companies are now reverting back to
    actual HUMAN service - and not offshore
    either which apparently happens in
    80% of the cases.

Sue

4. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I have to say I HAVE noticed more human contact when calling places lately. I think that's great when you sometimes have an issue that cannot be dealt with easily through the automated menus.

I mean, I'm more than happy to do automated when I want to find out something quickly like my balance or the location of a place - but when I have a problem and need some assitance I really hate that I can't even get access to a live person!