1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pierre Balmain label question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rainalee83, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Rainalee83

Rainalee83 Registered Guest

Hello, I just signed up for this group, and I hope to get some answers about a pair of trousers. I recently bought these secondhand, and I’m trying to find out if they are vintage or modern, but I can’t find a label that matches mine in your list of labels for this designer. I’m wondering if anybody here can help me?

Attached Files:

2. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

They look fairly modern to me.

Rainalee83 likes this.
  3. Rainalee83

Thanks for taking the time to answer! I love them, even if they are modern, but vintage is just more fun, haha. I found some listed online with a similar tag, but they all say “Paris” on the tag, too.

196t's likes this.
  4. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Some more info:

I checked the WPL number and it belongs to The Men's Wearhouse, which was founded in 1973.

P.S.: You look good on them.

Rainalee83 likes this.
  5. Rainalee83

Oh, thank you so much! I love them, and I’m having a hard time deciding whether I should keep them or selll them, haha. I’m leaning more and more towards keeping them.

6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

From memory that looks like a 90s label to me, could be wrong, its more a gut feeling. Pretty sure I have seen 80s and 90s items with that style label though. I think they are menswear, the menswear line didn't always have the 'paris' during this time period. Likely sold as part of a pant suit.

Also, they look fab! on you, definitely keepers!

Edit: Theres a few on ebay just listed as 'vintage' without the specific time period, I can't post links as they are for sale but you can do a general search on ebay and find some with the same label.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Rainalee83 likes this.
  7. Rainalee83

Ok, thank you so much for your help!