1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plain black full circle skirt wanted!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Maggie, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Maggie

Maggie Registered Guest

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a simple black FULL circle skirt which sounds easy enough but I cannot find one anywhere for a reasonable price. I'm looking for one that is around 27" long or so. I need one to fit a 27 or 28 inch waist and preferably costs around 50 dollars and under. Thank you for any help! :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Hi Maggie and welcome to the forums.

As you've discovered, original black circle skirts are hard to find, especially when you have a budget. Where are you located or are you happy to buy from anywhere?

N

3. Maggie

Maggie Registered Guest

I am in Kansas, US. I will buy from anywhere. If anyone has any suggestions of where to get even just a retro one or someone who makes them that would be helpful as well!

4. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

I may have something--I'll check and let you know here, later today... Do you have a specific fabric in mind? (Cotton, velvet, wool, felt, etc?)

5. Maggie

Maggie Registered Guest

I prefer cotton but I would consider any fabric at this point.

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I have a black circle skirt that I never wear. The waist is 26" and the length is 30" (measured below the waistband.) It's cotton with a very subtle tone on tone print that looks like a moiré but looks like it's solid until you get very close to it. The skirt is very lightweight and is unlined - metal side zipper. This is is the only photo I have. If you are interested I will take a close up of the pattern. I would it to be worn!

[​IMG]

Linn

7. Maggie

Maggie Registered Guest

Thanks for the reply. I love that skirt but unfortunately I just remeasured myself and I can probably only get by with a 27 inch waist. Sometimes I can do a 26 but I probably shouldn't buy something that size that I can't try on. :(
    Thank you anyway!