1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please could someone help with identifying this coat.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by JoannaJ85, Nov 22, 2022.

1. JoannaJ85

JoannaJ85 Registered Guest

Hi there,

I found this beautiful coat at a charity shop. I believe it's vintage due to its labels but I can't find any other information about it anywhere.

Could someone help with identifying who made it and what age it could be please?

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

This may be from the Charlotte Simone brand of coats made in England.
    If it is her line she only began in 2015 so it is not a vintage coat yet, as it needs to be 20 years old to be considered vintage.

This was the only brand name I could find that might be this coat.

If you google Charlotte Simone history you will find out more about the line.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  3. JoannaJ85

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I'll take a look.

I also have a jumper I can't find information on. Label is Kelly.B. I've attached a few pics if you've time to take a look.

Many thanks

Joanna

4. poppysvintageclothing

5. JoannaJ85

Apologies, I hadn't realised I had to upload one at a time. I've attached now. It's a beautiful jumper, feels to be excellent quality but I can't find anything about it.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

6. poppysvintageclothing

I don't think this is very old at all...so not vintage.

7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I agree this is probably vintage with those labels. I think 1980s or 1990s or around then.

I don't know anything about the maker sorry.

8. poppysvintageclothing

Ruth is correct the other labels on the red coat do look older than 2015...it is likely another Simone.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  9. JoannaJ85

Thank you both for your help. I've email Charlotte Simone to see if it's an early one of hers as the coat itself doesn't feel that old but the labels through me.

Regarding the Kelly.B top, the only other I found online with that label said it was vintage so that's all I could go off.

Many thanks

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  10. poppysvintageclothing

That would be great if you hear back from Charlotte and it would be her...fingers crossed!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree the coat's labels look a little older as other suggested, meanwhile the top really looks modern. Not that it's not nice, just not vintage :).

Retro Ruth likes this.