1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help 1930? Gucci gloves??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Melissa829, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Melissa829

Melissa829 Registered Guest

Attached Files:

2. Melissa829 likes this.
  3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

We can't authenticate the label, but as to age, if you look at https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/gucci/ I think you will see the older labels have a script font, not a block flont.
    And if that is a care tag in there, we can certainly say they aren't 1930s. That also doesn't look like a 1930s size tag.

Can we see a photo of the entire glove?

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Deb beat me to it!

Melissa829 likes this.
  5. Melissa829

Attached Files:

6. Melissa829

Yes it is a care tag

7. As Hollis mentioned, we cannot authenticate that they are genuine Gucci, but we do know by the labelling that they are not from the
    1930s.

Memories often fade as we age.

Melissa829 likes this.
  8. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

These look very much like a pair of glove liners, which would have come with a pair of Gucci leather gloves. I am not sure, but it is a possibility. And I agree they are more contemporary. Still, very nice to have.

9. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

Not old

10. Esther

Esther Registered Guest

I got this Gucci top that has a similar label as in the glove. I believe it's late 80s. Probably this was the time period when they went from script to block letters, as the style/colors/logo is still as in older labels, but already in block letters (as in more recent Gucci labels). Just my thoughts. 2017-10-06-14-53-47.jpg