1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help dating Gucci label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Melucky13, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Melucky13

Melucky13 Registered Guest

Hello!
    I was gifted a collection from a client’s estate in the early 2000’s. It spanned many decades and included some newer Escada, Sue Wong and English branded lingerie but it was mostly Vintage - Krizia, David Hays, Victor Costa, wool skirts, cashmere sweaters, silk blouses and one spectacular full length ivory gown & wrap all trimmed in ostrich feather.

This stunning Gucci suit was among the collection. I wear them as separates (except once when I attended a friend’s Oscar party as Edith Head ;)

The label is not on this site and I’ve only found one instance of it posted, without a date.

My instinct tells me this is 1990’s era styling - the neckline & high waist skirt - but the label fits more with earlier works. I’m guessing a transition between 1980’s Gucci crest / script and 1990’s non-script font?

Any advice or thoughts you have on age, design, pattern, etc would be most appreciated!

Melissa

Attached Files: