1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me date this wedding dress. Thanks!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Photos, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Photos

Photos Registered Guest

Anyone know the decade of this wedding dress? Thanks!

20220626_151955.jpg 20220626_151549.jpg

2. CatsLikeUs

CatsLikeUs VFG Member

Can you post more pictures of any labels, closures, details of the sheer fabric?

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It almost looks like the lace doesn't match all the way through? I am asking because I wonder if the skirt is actually old, like c. 1905, but perhaps relined, and the top was made up to go with it? Usually lace is matched . As is, it strikes me as late 70s because of the Bishop sleeves, which were popular then, but its hard to tell without handling and seeing close-ups.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I see 1970s in this lovely dress. But without seeing close ups of the details and knowing the fabric, it is difficult to be sure.

It is, to me, a step above the majority of 1970s wedding gowns one usually sees.

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

the stand up collar, bishop sleeve and flutter shoulder all say 1970s to me, too. it's very pretty!

6. Photos

Photos Registered Guest

Thank you all so much for the responses!
    I confirmed that the material is embroidered/lace netting and matches top to bottom.
    The bottom layer is very shiny, soft satin, with a lace edge.
    The back closes with a zipper. The zipper is plastic, but the pull tab is metal with no markings.
    Six (6) fabric covered button closures on each sleeve.
    Hook closure at neck.
    Most seams are serged.
    More pictures attached!

Attached Files:

7. CatsLikeUs

CatsLikeUs VFG Member

I'd say 1970s from the label and zipper.