1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! Possible 90s rave sleeveless jacket - ministry of sound.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mike pl, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Mike pl

Mike pl Registered Guest

Had this item for as long as I can remember now. It's a pretty mint ministry of sound sleeveless jacket possibly from the 90s made in England. I've been searching high and low to find out its origin/authenticity and whether or not it has any value to it. It would be amazing if anyone knows anything about this garment or could point me in the right direction. Thanks Mike 16318142100496097561372985758673.jpg 1631814179218403552665447832713.jpg 1631814179218403552665447832713.jpg 16318142100496097561372985758673.jpg

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. Authentication and value are the two things we can't help with on this forum - please see our forum rules. The first can only be done in person, the second depends on many factors. Dating is one thing we can try and help with.

Does it have any care labels or other labels inside? If so, please post photos of those, as they might help with dating.

To get an idea about value, you could try searching sold items on Ebay.

3. Mike pl

Mike pl Registered Guest

Only wash labels and jacket size unfortunately. This item seems to be elusive on Amazon and eBay. I will keep the search. And hope that someone else has one and can tell me more about it.

4. Midge

That's what I meant - can you please post photos of these?

5. Mike pl

Mike pl Registered Guest

6. Midge

Thank you!

Ministry of Sound was around from 1990 or 1991 I think? But that care label looks older - from what I remember @Retro Ruth mentioning, the absence of a tumble dry symbol would at least point to ca. before mid-80s, and the the term "Made in England" was more usually used before the 80s (England instead of UK or Great Britain). Also as we had found out on another thread, that wash symbol with the number that could mean anything also seems to be older. So maybe they used up old stock from somewhere to have the logo embroidered on?

GemGem and Retro Ruth like this.
  7. Mike pl

Mike pl Registered Guest

Ok that's something? I did think the wash labels were different to how they are today after I tried to find out the best way to wash it. Ok well thank you for your help so far, hopefully someone else can shed some light further

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Agree with the above, though there are always exceptions, and so this can only be taken as loosely true, not definitive. That said label does looks older than early 1990s.

Possibly the jacket is older and the embroidery added later, 0r, the jacket and the embroidery are the same age, and the manufacturer used up their stock of older labels when this was made.

Midge likes this.
  9. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I think the Gillet is an older military style, dyed and embroidered later. It has that over dyed look to the colour that was popular in the 90s.