1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please submit your dated Wedding photos HERE!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Wedding Resource' started by MagsRags, Feb 4, 2021.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

The Vintage Fashion Guild hopes you enjoy browsing our Vintage Wedding Resource, accessible from Website > Resources. The images have been gathered from a wide variety of sources, from online museums to genealogical societies to Wikimedia to our own family and friends. Each photo has source information and permissions as appropriate. We would love to add dated wedding photos from your personal archives to the resource if you would like to contribute them.

You may submit here in the forums, although our resizing software will reduce the quality of your photo a bit. If you are new to the VFG forums, you will need to register as a Guest to be able to post.

The best way to retain the image quality of your photos is to submit the photo to us via email - [email protected] - after reviewing the guidelines. Don't forget to include the year, other details if you have them, and your permission statement.

Before submitting, please review these guidelines:

1. By sharing your photos, you are giving the VFG permission to include them in a public resource.

2. If you were the photographer, you are also giving the VFG copyright assignment for use in the resource in perpetuity – meaning not subject to termination. If you were not the photographer, the photos may be subject to copyright which is held by the original photographer, and potentially their estate. Because the purpose of the Historical Wedding Resource is both educational and non-commercial, the VFG believes the use of photos falls under the Fair Use doctrine, allowing our publication of the photos.

3. In most cases, you will be submitting photos of family members – it is that historical connection that creates the rare opportunity for precise dating. Unless the people shown in the photo are all deceased, please contact them and ask their permission before posting the photo.

4. Please specify the exact year the wedding took place, as well as the month if you know it. Because of the nature of this project, we are unable to use submissions with a broad date range; e.g., 1940s. If you are not certain of the year, please do not submit.

5. Tell us where the wedding took place as precisely as possible – country, state, city vs rural if you know.

6. If you would like credit for your contribution, please specify that when you submit your photo. Some people like to use their full real name, others prefer a business name or forum userid. Anonymity is also an option!

Please confirm your understanding and agreement by adding this phrase to each of your submissions: I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource.
    If you do not include your explicit permission for us to use your photo and related information in our resource, we will make an attempt to contact you to complete the submission process. If we do not hear back from you, we will not be able to use your submission.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  2. MagsRags

I have several family wedding photos already in the resource, but saved one so I could demonstrate the (easy!) process.
    I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource.

April 1950, rural Illinois.
    Added to the Wedding Resource
    Credit M. Muellner

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

March 7, 1953 - I believe Manchester, NH
    I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource.
    Added to the Wedding Resource - thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2021
    Midge, MagsRags and denisebrain like this.
  4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

And also July 30th, 1978 - Lovech, Bulgaria

Midge, denisebrain and MagsRags like this.
  5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Silk shantung dress labeled Cahill Ltd. of Beverly Hills, worn in 1952. Worn in the US, but I don't know where the wedding took place. Credit denisebrain please.

6. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource

June 1920, Melbourne, Australia

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2021
  7. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource

Dec. 1919, Melbourne, Australia

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I have some more information for my 1898 photo that is already in the resource:

Month: May 1898
    Place: Friends Meeting House, Allonby, Cumbria, England
    Rural / village

I'd prefer my credit to read RetroRuthUK (as one word)

Done!

denisebrain and MagsRags like this.
  9. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

Feb 1905, Melbourne, Australia

10. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

Nov. 1908, Melbourne, Australia

11. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

1907, country Victoria, Australia

12. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

April 1956, Melbourne, Australia

13. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

April 1950, Melbourne, Australia

14. MagsRags

Wonderful, Joanne, thank you! How would you like to be credited?

15. Joanne

Joanne Alumni

You can just say "Used with permission of Joanne Thompson" or similar

MagsRags likes this.
  16. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

April 18, 1936, Dearborn, MI
    Credit Stacy Guscinski
    Stacy gives the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
  17. Auntie Establishment

Auntie Establishment Registered Guest

I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource. (no credit needed)

Rural North Dakota, Sept. 15th 1928

Attached Files:

18. Auntie Establishment

I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource. (no credit needed)

Iron River Wisconsin (rural) Sept. 1935
    Added one to the Wedding Resource and kept the other views in reserve - thank you!

Attached Files:

19. Auntie Establishment

I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource. (No credit needed)
    Superior Wisconsin (Rural) Dec. 27th, 1952

Attached Files:

20. Auntie Establishment

(no credit needed)

Superior WI (rural) Sept. 26, 1953

Attached Files: