1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2023 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Jan 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.02.00 PM.png

This is a place to SUBMIT LABELS ONLY - Not a place to discuss or ask questions about a label. If you would like to ask questions about a label PLEASE post in the forum located
    HERE.

The Vintage Fashion Guild is constantly adding to the Label Resource, and we welcome contributions. If you have a label to contribute, we ask that you follow these guidelines.

First, please check the Label Resource to ensure that your label is not already represented. If your label is NOT there and you feel it should be, please post an image of the label onto this thread, together with the following:

(1) date of garment
    (2) type of garment
    (3) photo of garment
    (4) any research you have done on the designer/label and a link to where you found that information.
    (5) how you would like to be credited for your contribution (i.e. your name, your VFG username, or your vintage fashion business name)

Please submit a clear, straight, well-lit, tightly cropped shot of just the label, 500 pixels or larger.
    Here is an example:

loper.jpg

Also, because of the change of the label sizes when the website changed format, some of the old labels are grainy and hard to read. If you have a better image of one of these labels, we would welcome your replacement image.

Under copyright law, the owner of a photograph has exclusive rights to that photograph. Please, only submit images that are your own, or that you have obtained express permission to share. By posting your label image here, you are giving your copyright assignment for the image to go onto the Label Resource. You will be credited for your contribution.

Concerning Use of the Label Resource:

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource. Here you’ll find a large collection of vintage label images, complete with biographies and company histories for each label.

We are working hard to make sure this Resource is as comprehensive as possible. It is a work in progress; its growth depends upon contributions of labels, and any omissions are due to the fact that examples of many designers’ work are scarce. We welcome contributions of vintage labels that are not represented in the Resource.

This Resource is to be used only as an educational tool, and is not intended as a value guide. Inclusion of a label in the resource is not an indication of value, as garments vary greatly in value depending on many factors. Another point that needs to be considered by users is that some companies used the same label for many years, and just because the garment used on the label resource is a certain date, it does not mean that all garments with the same label are the same date.

The labels included have been carefully researched and we have worked hard to insure that all information is correct. If a mistake should be found, we would greatly appreciate access to your information so the Resource can be corrected.

We are always looking for new information about any of the labels in the resource. Please post here if you have additional research you wish to contribute.

We hope you find the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource useful. We provide the Resource at no cost to the vintage community, but ask that if you use the resource or copy parts of it on another site (such as eBay, blogs, articles, etc.) that you credit the VFG in the following way: “Information courtesy of The Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource” or “Information courtesy of {Contributor's Name}/the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource”.

Please note that the author of the bio owns the copyright to the work, and that the copyright is assigned to the VFG. In order to be in compliance with our copyright policy, and the law, you must credit all copyrighted work.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

For the entry for JW Robinson Co, I have these shoes dated 1917, well, the patent is dated October 23, 1917. Satin slippers with a slight Louis heel.

ADDED TO THE LR 1-7-23, THANKS SADIE!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2023
    Leisa likes this.
  3. Straylight Vintage

Straylight Vintage VFG Member

Octonek Knitting Co.
    50s sweater
    Added to the LR 1/09/23
    Thanks, Cynthia!

denisebrain likes this.
  4. Flannery Crane

Flannery Crane VFG Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2023
  5. Flannery Crane

6. FloTang

FloTang Registered Guest

2002 Lanvin man suit, line "Lanvin Tradition". Date is handwritten inside a pocket. This is a label using during the 90's-00's.
    Credits : "Florian Tanguy" (me)

Added to the LR 1/22/23
    Thank you, Florian!

7. Straylight Vintage

Straylight Vintage VFG Member

60s men's sweater by Don Loper

ADDED TO THE LR 1-11-23, THANKS CYNTHIA!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2023
  8. Pam Kossek

Pam Kossek Registered Guest

A tag worth adding but I dont have yet any information on it.

Added to the LR 1/22/23
    Thank you, Pam!

9. hatfeathers

hatfeathers VFG Member

Submitting this mid-80s Forenza label from a men's shirt. In research, found another shirt printed on the outside "summer of 85" with the same font and winged foot/triangle logo.
    I was surprised there was no entry for Forenza in the resource, since it was a Midwestern mall-bought wardrobe staple in the 80s. Though this label was not the one I was used to seeing.

Downloaded for the LR 2/16/23
    Thanks, Jenn!
    p.s. Forenza was an in-house brand of The Limited.

denisebrain likes this.
  10. PhoenixSisters

PhoenixSisters Registered Guest

David Silverman,

(1) date of garment - late 60s
    (2) type of garment - wool minidress
    (4) any research you have done on the designer/label and a link to where you found that information -

David Silverman was part of the British Boutique movement and had shops in London's Garment District on Great Titchfield Street in the 1960s and 1970s. His first business was called Marlborough Dresses which he sold and followed that up with David Silverman Dresses. He died aged 44.

(5) how you would like to be credited for your contribution (i.e. your name, your VFG username, or your vintage fashion business name) - With credit to lizeggleston.com for the info. You can put my username if that's usual but not required.

(let me know if I've not done this right it's my first label sub!)

Added to the LR 2/16/23
    Thank you!

MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.
  11. M33vtg

M33vtg Registered Guest

Submitting this Saks & Co label that is attached to a chinchilla fur stole/cape, possibly 1940s. My research indicates it might be from Saks-34th, the mid range department store formed by Saks & Gimbels at the original Saks location at Herald's Square, NYC (closed in 1965).
    Added to the LR 2/16/23
    Thank you!

12. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

A Lilly Dache' label we do not have as yet. From a 1960s hat. I also see we need a few other labels from her ready-to-wear lines of hats such as "Debs", "Young Modes" and "Lilly's Dillys". Let me search around to find those. I also am adding a Dache "Thirsty Kerchief" label, I am not sure on the exact date o it, late 1950s to early 1960s though.
    Added to the LR 2/16/23
    Thank you, Barbara!

13. Flannery Crane

Aldrich- I believe this is from the 1940s/50s. Heavy shoulder pads There is also a Himelhochs Detroit Store label in waist hem. I see there is a Larry Aldrich in the Label resource and thought this may be an earlier label??? Im not sure if there is another Aldrich designer.

FlanneryCrane on Etsy.

I also found this site with family history for Larry Aldrich.

https://retrouve.com/blogs/retrouve-difference/my-grandfather-larry-aldrich-the-great-art-collector

Added to the LR 2/16/23
    Thanks, Joy!
    That link was soooo interesting! I added a bit to the Aldrich entry.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  14. Joyatri

Joyatri VFG Member

From a jacket, probably from 1993. I had the jacket and found a vest of the same style, just minus the sleeves, in a magazine ad from 1993. So, maybe say "early 1990s" to be on the safe side.
    ADDED TO THE LR 2/24/23, THANKS JO!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2023
  15. Flannery Crane

You are welcome!

16. misshelenes

misshelenes Registered Guest

17. Gail Brassard

Gail Brassard VFG Member

Perry Ellis Portfolio 1967-Spring 1979
    Light brown raw silk straight skirt--dated as above
    Verification: as per Forum thread inquiry: "Perry Ellis Exerts??" Posted by me on 3/8/23. Contains ad dated 1978 showing identical logo in a style/font not documented here or elsewhere.
    Please credit me as "Cuckoochenille"

ADDED TO THE LR 3-31-23, THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2023
  18. Tallis

Tallis Registered Guest

Corsonia label. From a skirt and coat suit. Early 1970s. Made of Crimplene.
    Thank you for your submission!

19. Tallis

Tallis Registered Guest

Downloaded for the LR 4/09/23
    Thank you, Tallis!

20. Lucas Martin Vintage

Lucas Martin Vintage Registered Guest

From a Ted Lapidus haute couture AW1999 silk coat. This label is associated with Olivier Lapidus' haute couture collections during his tenure at the helm of the maison. This particular piece is a prototype, and the label is held in with pins.

Please credit as "Lucas Martin Vintage". Thank you!

Added to the LR 4/26/23
    Thank you, Lucas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.