1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prada Labels

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by *~Eli!, Jun 23, 2012.

1. *~Eli!

*~Eli! Registered Guest

Does anyone know where I can get a look at some vintage Prada labels and their approximate dates?

Thanks,

*~Eli

2. *~Eli!

*~Eli! Registered Guest

Hi all, I know I already asked but... any idea of where I can find resources for dating Prada labels? I can date the newest stuff but I have not found any resource for dating Prada anywhere :(

*~Eli

3. MissRita

MissRita Guest

I only wish resources like this existed but most high end fashion cos don't keep archives like that aside from timeline slideshows. The best thing to do would be look for listings online. Some sellers, like those of us belonging to the VFG, always date an item to the decade and clearly show labels so eventually you should be able to determine a timeline for yourself.

Since Prada only made leather goods like luggage and bags until the mid to late 80s you're only looking at a 2 decade span for shoes and clothing.

4. *~Eli!

*~Eli! Registered Guest

Thank you. I am actually gong to an estate sale this weekend where there is 2 decades of perfect condition Prada. I can recognize the newest labels, but some of their stuff is so classic, you really only have the label to go by. Again thanks. Maybe Ill just buy it for myself if Im not sure *smile*