1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Feedback -NOT so Private & other cool Ebay TOOLS

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by TheVintagePeddler, Jun 9, 2006.

1. GOOFBAY TOOLS

"Goofbay is a site filled with eBay auction tools. Thousands of items are listed on eBay with miss-spelt or badly written titles. The Goofbay Search exposes these bargains. Using Goofbay Tools you can view an eBay sellers private feedback, check an item for shill bidding, view how many watchers there are on an item, sort feedback to only show negative/neutral feedback and more. "

What are the Goofbay Tools?

Negative Feedback Checker - allows you to sort an eBay users feedback into neutrals and negatives rather than browsing through 100's of positives to spot negative feedback.

Private Feedback Checker - when a seller hides their feedback and sets it to private this tool exposes the feedback.

Shill Bidder Checker - checks to see if an eBayer is bidding on their own items with a second account.

Find Unregistered eBay Usernames

View Number of Watchers - wondered how many people are watching an item that you want to bid on?? this tells you how many watchers an item has. Can be a very useful tool when deciding how high to set your bid or snipe as it shows how many people may be waiting to bid on that item.

View Sellers Sold Items & Turnover

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

3. Laura

Laura Alumni

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize that goofbay does so much.

I'm interested especially in exposing private fb. Unfortunately, it looks like it only shows fb w/in the last 30 days. I got this message on my test:

Laura

4. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Cool site, I never knew about that but I have it bookmarked now!

5. Cool site! Which tool looks for shill bidding?

6. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Gayle posted this the other day...and I must say, I have spent wayyyy too much time being nosey.<P>

7. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

ohhhhhhhhh.....love sites like this!

I use Toolhaus for the negs/neutrals, but
    the other options here look pretty neat!

Thanks Marie

Sue

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Interesting site, I will definitely look into this the next time I get a questionable bidder. Thanks for sending along the link!

9. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

doesnt the usa summary tell you about the watchers the uk one does...why oh why isnt it all universal...l know some legalities differ..

10. Laura,
    It worked for me past 30 days. I entered a vintage seller's id that I have been curious about. She has been ragged alot lately on the vca for having private fb and it gave me all her feedback.

11. Laura

Laura Alumni

I just got it to work on another seller I tried. But it didn't show all the seller's fb, just some of it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the fb it picks out; most of it was very recent (from this month), but a few comments were from a year ago!

Nice tool. I'm glad I was able to get it to work. :)

Laura