1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Fur lined coat by TAILORED WOMAN FIFTH AVENUE AT FIFTY SEVENTH STREET N.Y.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce

Elizabeth Ramos-Boyce Registered Guest

C69C8A96-44A5-4F18-9B99-B087752DAB62.jpeg 2F248487-49AD-432E-BE43-41CC51768E4F.jpeg 9E47B528-F5C8-405B-B943-82000184BC7F.jpeg Hi everyone would love any info you have regarding what type of Fur this coat may be. I looked up company and I think it may be 1950’s or 1960’s. I am uploading pics of coat, label and union tag. It’s a royal blue color on exterior of coat. Entire interior is lined in fur. It is EXTREMELY Heavy. If anyone knows what type of fur this may be any info would greatly be appreciated. I have checked the fur section on fashion guild but I couldn’t figure out what type of fur this is

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

I would say that the ILGWU tag was used between the 1960s-1970s. The styling of the coat tells me it's 1960s.

3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there, that ILGWU label was used from 63-74. I would date it somewhere from about 66-68. The collar as well as the cuffs look like mink but the angle it's laying at makes it hard for me to tell what the inside is for sure and the collar and cuffs are too far away without enough light.

Can you take a closer view of the collar and cuffs with a bit more light please? Not really close, just show an entire cuff and the entire collar closer and tell me if the inside fur is the same fur as the outside.

Thank you so much.

The coat is really pretty too. I love the color and the shape, the collar, the sleeves, well all of it.

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

The coat also has a National Recovery Board Coat and Suit label that was used from 1939 into the 1960's:

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/national-recovery-board/

I did a search for The Tailored Woman and found an archived article from the NYTimes. The Tailored Woman had been in business for 45 years in 1964 and was at the location on the label in 1964. The Tailored Woman closed in 1967 so it has to date from 1963-1967. The color looks like very dark blue on my monitor not royal blue. It's very nice and looks warm!

peaceful vintage likes this.
  5. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Coincidence! I just listed a 1939ish dress from the label on my website.