1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. fayecot1

fayecot1 Registered Guest

I am a fashion design student at Nottingham Trent University. I am currently writing an essay on vintage fashion and collecting research from vintage fashion enthusiasts. I would be very grateful if you could answer this brief questionnaire.

I am researching vintage fashion and modern consumption, and as part of this project I am interested in your views about vintage fashion. The information you provide will be analysed so that I can identify key motives behind vintage shopping. The information provided will be treated in strictest confidence and you will not be individually identified in any presentations of the results. All questionnaire answers will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act and destroyed at the end of the project.

Why do you shop in vintage stores rather than on the high street?

A)For ethical reasons. Buying second hand is good for the environment

B)I can easily assemble a vast wardrobe

C)The quality of the garment is better..it was made to superior standards so has long-term value

D)The clothes are cheaper

E)I am against mega-retailing/mass consumption

F)I can put together a complete outfit in one go-from shoes to accessories

G)It’s an enjoyable experience for me; I get to use my hunt and gather instincts

H)I want to stand out against the crowd. Why look like everyone else?

I)it helps local business

Answer the question by ordering the responses from most relevant/important to you to least relevant/important to you
    For example
    A,G,F,H,B,E,C,D,I

Thankyou