1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about a blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by amandainvermont, Nov 21, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

(LOL - I wrote by mistake at first - "Questions about a louse")

Anyway - I picked up this sweet blouse thinking it was 50s - maybe older? And what is that needlework called?

pret6.jpg pret5.jpg pret3.jpg

2. Pretty.

Faggoting?

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Very pretty, looks very late 40s to very early 50s, but I cannot pin it down further. The technique looks to be a combination of appliques on the outer ring, and tape lace for the center area. The inside looks like a Battenburg style, sort of anyway.

4. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I think it could be late 1930's. I may be overgeneralizing, but in the 1930's there were still dressmakers who had the skills to do this type of complex inset/insert faggoting work. It just doesn't match the military/tailored look of the 1940's and wartime austerityVery nice.
    Marian

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Looking again. Is this linen? If so it could be an import. I am still leaning to late 40s early 50s.

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I got it with two other typical early 50's blouses, but this one had an older feel to it. It has tiny older pearl buttons, applied carefully. It's not linen - it kind of has a gabardine feel to it.

pret2.jpg