1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need technical support? Or questions about using the forums?? Ask here

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Retro Ruth, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Apologies: I misunderstood. Here's some instructions that might help.

2. Lynn Marrapodi

Lynn Marrapodi Registered Guest

Thank you so much! It's here!

3. Catsinjammies

Catsinjammies Registered Guest

How do I start a forum? I'm new here. I'm hoping to get answers about a pair of shoes I have.
    I recently purchased several pairs of vintage shoes from an auction. I'm stumped as to when these were made. They are alligator embossed leather at toe and heel and have linen in between. The heel is unusual too. The box says the style is GWEN. They are from Spain.

Attached Files:

4. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Catsinjammies

Catsinjammies Registered Guest

Thank you so much!

MagsRags likes this.
  6. love shushi

love shushi Registered Guest

thanks. if I have any technical query I will ask you.

7. Mary Beth Conrath

Mary Beth Conrath Registered Guest

how do I post a question in the Q and A forum?

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

9. Julia Lichtblau

Julia Lichtblau Registered Guest

Hello, I am trying to get information without violating the rules. Is it possible for me, a non-pro, to ask for suggestions on how best to sell my mother's collection of handwoven and handtailored clothes, which I inherited?

10. Retro Ruth

Welcome Julia, and thanks for paying attention to our rules.

We can't help you price anything, but if you want more general advice, that should be ok. Eg if you want to ask about the pros and cons of selling yourself online vs finding someone to consign them with, or help with describing or dating to enable you to sell more successfully, that's fine.

You can't advertise them for sale here, as I'm sure you realise.

Are they vintage? If they are newer than 20 years old, we won't be able to help much.

Please feel free to start a thread in the Q&A forum.

Let us know if you need more help.

11. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

12. Hello everyone! *waves*

Now that my status is alumni, I seem to have lost the facility to have a signature on my posts so my name is now invisible unless I key it for each post. Of course, you may recall what it is but I thought it would be nice to be something more than just my user name: is this a function that can be returned? Thank you.

Nicole

13. Retro Ruth

Hi Nicole! sorry to break this to you, but the only way to get your signature back is to go back to Alumni plus ... This is one of the privileges of the alumni plus level... Sorry if this wasn't explained to you when you changed. Worth the price of alumni plus to have a signature, IMO.

See https://forums.vintagefashionguild....-registered-guest—whats-the-difference.77927/

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  14. Thanks Ruth! No, I wasn't aware of the details. Silly me - and I agree, it is one of the many things that are worth the price of membership. Perhaps I should rejoin, I do like it here.

Nicole

15. Retro Ruth

everyone would be so happy to have you back!

16. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

17. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

INDEED!!

i hadn't realized you had decided to change your status to just Alumni rather than Alumni +, it'd be great to have you back here on the private side! I always enjoy your posts and have learned so much from you over the years. xo

18. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Nicole, your qualifications, knowledge and perspective are all invaluable. I personally adore you from a million years ago. It would be lovely to see you back.

19. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I couldn't agree more. So pleased to see you share your expertise here lately!

20. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

YES! We want you and need you. I greatly respect your knowledge and opinions.
    Marian