1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. AdvantageInVintage

AdvantageInVintage Registered Guest

This is possibly the biggest long shot EVER but I thought I would try... I am looking for images of garments containing a label R.M.H.O. The label will be at least 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. It should also have an identification number beginning with 491. This label was applied to BRITISH made garments from 1949 to (what I can gather 1951 ish) who belonged to a special price control exemption register. I have NEVER seen this label and I am just wondering if anyone might have a garment with one in?? As I say it is a super long shot...but worth asking nonetheless!

Pinkcoke likes this.
  2. AdvantageInVintage

I should also point out- this label was used on non-utility garments only.

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Interesting. I don't think I've seen it. But I will keep my eyes open (I'm in the UK).

Do you know what RMHO stands for?

4. AdvantageInVintage

Ruth- it's not made explicit but I think it stands for Register of Manufacture of High-grade women's and maids Outerwear (caps representing the letters)

5. Retro Ruth

Wow! If I find one I'll definitely let you know.

6. MissJukes

MissJukes Registered Guest

Hi. I realise the above was posted a while ago but I have a coat with the label! See pic.

Attached Files:

7. Retro Ruth

Thanks Miss Jukes! Hopefully Advantage in Vintage will see this.