1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radelle Fine Lingerie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ladyelaina, Oct 7, 2004.

1. ladyelaina

ladyelaina Registered Guest

I've come across a very nice nightgown, the tag says Radelle Fine Lingerie rayon satin "songette." The gown is bias cut, cream and reminds me of the 40's glamour gowns. Is this a rare piece and does anyone know where I might find information on it?

I've tried finding information on it on the net, and I'm coming up empty handed.

Thank you,

Jamie

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

I don't know if I would call it rare but its a nice piece. And I love 40's and earlier bias cut gowns in either silk or rayon satin!!

I have not been able to find any info on Radelle and can't even find where they applied for a trademark.

Oh and welcome Jamie don't believe I have seen you here before

3. Welcome Jamie. I don't think I have seen that label.. Would love to see a picture!! Those rayon satin gowns do very well!!

4. ladyelaina

ladyelaina Registered Guest

Radelle

Thanks for the welcome, yes I'm new here!

I hope to have some photos by tomorrow, I just got my mannequinn today. It's a lovely gown but has a couple of small problems. One small tear in the lace at the juncture of the underarm and a smaller one on the opposite arm. There also appears to be two small soil marks. Overall though, it's a fantastic gown.

Thank you for the welcome and I look forward to learning as much as possible.

Jamie

5. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

If you can sew it would help if you are planning to resell to fix the small hole. For lace fixes I use and embroidery ringie thing and place the fabric in it then sew. Makes it a bit more stable to sew lace with. Just make sure that the ring is smooth so it doesn't cause any snags.