1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rag BRAG and blah! and Sparkle!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Another Time Antiques, Sep 28, 2004.

1. This is really one of my favorite pieces because not only is it pretty pretty pretty.... you just have to "pet it" when standing next to it!

[​IMG]
    auction link

And here's my blah-wah! :(

For some reason I just can't seem to get "rid" of this pendleton skirt, shell and matching coat from the 1960s She is attached to me!!!!!! eeeeeeggggghhh. Sold it and buyer returned because of alteration--which WAS declared. (and That's a Long Story too..... ) It is a simple fix.... I'm just not a seamstress this month!! LOL I swear she is going to get buried after this auction if there is no taker!!!! LOL

Last but not least... got some great sparkly jewels on to adorn those fall jackets and suits...... but you gotta see this one especially. No famouse name.... just gosh darn great look!

[​IMG]
    auction link
    Ends tonight and No Reserve!

cheers!

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Luscious velvet on that cape Barbara.....it does look 'pet-able'

Don't know what to say about the pendleton? I have several suits
    that are clinging to me like saran wrap too......eeeeekkk!

Gorgous brooch! did you use your scanner to get the pic?

Sue

3. Hi.... still laughing about saran wrap!!!!!!!!

Just came back to say one more thing I forgot which I think will be very cool for 50-60s fashion folk. Also on board is 1959 HC book - The Bishop Method of Clothing Construction. Excellent photos and detail instructions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8134074760

The pin picture is camera shot. I (and most jewelry enthusiasts) don't use the scanner because of back shadows and glare. It can be good for real detail closeup of a bead or something, but cameras are best.

Lighting - outdoors is great, but indoors with good light and a filter tent or box is super best. This pin I just took at the shop with nothing special!!
    Thanks for the compliment...... (can't believe it's sitting out there @ 9.99!)

4. They are all so nice. I have a Pendleton Suit to list. Hope it doesn't cling to me like Saran Wrap!!!:D

I just want to chime in here about taking jewelry with a camera. I really think it is best to do, too. A scanner makes them too small and you cannot see all the details.

5. now she\'s getting buried.....

well...... partly thanks to some karma I can't kick..... and probably partyly due to the previous buyers return...... the pendleton suit is going into deep sleep!:o

Maybe I'll revive her in 2010~~~