1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RARE Beaded Bags ADDED PICS & Info

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by avamac, Oct 5, 2007.

1. avamac

avamac Alumni

I am officially OLD, and trying to extricate myself from some of the projects I find in the infamous house-heaps. I've been hoarding these rare, but inevitably as-is, project purses for the proverbial coon's age....

The rarest first: a Holy Grail for the collector; an Austria petit-point fitted opera bag with its original accoutrements--enamel compact, lipstick and comb, and petit-point opera glasses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two rare Scenic purses...one very large, one mini...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Botanical..with [​IMG]tulips..

And two MAMMOTH bags....approx. 9 x 12!!! The Oriental rug pattern in cut steel, sadly corroded, with fabulous 'jeweled' enamel frame. The rose bouquet is MINI beads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of these just posted to eBay, the others to follow.

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

Wow!

Good Luck with those. They are all fabulous, but that petit point with all the original pieces is amazing!

3. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I will be watching. They are stunning.:clapping:

4. OH MY GOODNESS!!

Words fail me ~ especially on the first with it's matching vanities ~ Absolutely amazing!

5. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

The petit point with matching accouterments! wonderful.

Hollis

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Lovely bags...the first is a delight, rare to find something like this with matching opera glasses, luv that last roses & violets floral too!

7. avamac

avamac Alumni

A nearly identical bag is pictured on p. 216 and the cover of Collector Books 'Vanity Bags and Purses'. Theirs has the same items, but all in petit-point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The frame of their bag is all in petit point, while mine is black enamel with (some) marcasites.

The purses also open at the top to a second compartment with back wall pocket.

Mine retains its original tiny petit point envelope with snap closure...it holds its ticket stub from the purse's last outing....a box seat at Carnegie Hall NYC on Valentine's Day evening, 1953.

8. DressUP

DressUP Registered Guest

O that is so neat. love them all